Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_PVp3v4TdP1BkTbR-XNneHza2N0pcyN9RmTUHnzR6Bk8HbsLTIjWpVmWamem_OcRYXY>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:48:42 +1000

2009/7/30 Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_KMXaQV4WzZzDmMRNgupA917uAfkpa3lknS4csLcqJ_wdTvu0NHsJ3TzjFliXHoHqe84jPEtozdT-mdrIUA.yahoo.invalid>
> Another point is that a(n evil) Dara Happan would not worship
> "Orlanth" - he would worship Rebellious Terminus. Rebellious Terminus
> may well have Air, Death and Disorder, being a sort of summary of all
> that is bad about Storm gods. For that matter RT may not be considered
> a great god and so have only two runes: Air/Disorder (Rebellious) and
> Death (Terminus).

I think this proves out my position, albeit in an oblique fashion.

I think I am going to ask my players, as their characters: what runes does your god have? and just go with that.

Runes are clearly human interpretations of cosmic features and are just as prone to reinterpretation by mortals as any feature of the Gloranthan otherworlds. Which is *great* if you ask me!

--
John Machin