Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_VDzYIfiisY0sd9gWsILCdVAfFIZ8g1KiceImXtsDiEPHgt8Bj6mvcK6lMk7yEeJTIR>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:24:21 +1000

 It seems to me that to some people Lodril is Earth and Fire and Wangs. Er.. Man.
Others might see him as Earth and Disorder and Wangs. Dammit, I mean Man.

Are the runes associated with an otherworldy entity Gloranthan Knowledge or Objective Knowledge?
That is to say: if I am a Dara Happan can I link "Orlanth" with Storm, Death, and Disorder instead of Storm, Movement, and Mastery? [Gloranthan Knowledge] Or in doing so am I willfully ignoring cosmic realities?
[Objective Knowledge]

If the runes associated with an otherworldly entity are Objective, rather than Gloranthan, Knowledge then I would like to professionally (go archives!) endorse this decision to adopt sensible Godlearner taxonomy for things... and personally recoil in horror from this stepping away from YGWV-as-Principle.

--
John Machin