Re: Runes of the Oronin Valley

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_4ZjxHvIHY22r3liFnmt1Pm8qVgX9V2QZsM9eYQh2JXfW17-qKiMIdqSeAR360LX-BGk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:50:23 -0400

Answering David first because, well, it is easier. :)

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:16 PM, David Dunham<david_at_Ub_UcXt00qr97f_8y7iX7YxOx1QRHOuDXxcJqU7P-B0lQ1pHzo3jqjASMGwVTkrP9l1j1OtRu9-IkQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>>Do the Carmanian deities all share the Carmanos rune
>
> Well, from game terms, what does it provide?

Yea, I agree. Forget I mentioned it. :)

> Is Entekos really both Air and Sky?

What I am trying to get at with Sky is Virtue, and that Dendara (In Pelanda Entekos and Dendara are synonymous) is a planetary body in addition to being the goddess of good weather. Any suggestions for a better way to handle it? Air is actually the greater problem since Entekos isn't unruly, violent, etc.

> I don't recommend using the Magic rune unless you
> can have a pretty good description of what it
> provides. (If Bisos really provides
> communication, why not use that rune?)

I am trying to depict the description in Entekosiad of Bisos assisting with communication between mortals and gods rather than between mortals, so communication didn't seem to fit. Magic sounded reasonable because of the otherworld connection.

> Is there really a god called Parcel? Wouldn't he
> be a trade god, just by the name? :-)

Laugh, I think it was supposed to be Pamel. :)

Thanks for the advice!

-Kevin McD