Re: Runes of the Oronin Valley

From: David Dunham <david_at_vLB-060GIDaKlSgeb-g5ZVr6FMT9836fYz_I6vGzsxaC8ADzTwKAF-1Gnr_Lb1chH5OpvG>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:16:37 -0700

Kevin

>Do the Carmanian deities all share the Carmanos rune

Well, from game terms, what does it provide? (I realize game terms are overly constraining when describing Glorantha, but you're trying to come up with game runes.) I don't think this is the same situation as the many Lunar gods and the Moon rune -- those gods do all have a Lunarness power they do offer their worshippers who are strong in the Moon rune.

Is Entekos really both Air and Sky? IMO it's conceivable for a god to have both, but it's very unusual -- and pretty much impossible for a sane human to emulate.

I don't recommend using the Magic rune unless you can have a pretty good description of what it provides. (If Bisos really provides
communication, why not use that rune?)

Is there really a god called Parcel? Wouldn't he be a trade god, just by the name? :-)

André

>It would be good to have such a list for all official HQ1 supplements.

Feel free to publish one! My understanding (from public statements only) is that Moon Design doesn't plan on doing one, because it requires a certain amount of research and thinking to do it right.

I don't think it's too hard to do a rough first version though.

--

David Dunham