Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_vsSARmnEed6y54P6Ly5JzgWjLE8ivs63RY4smPbKYBJ34NQYSs3Oivmpj0Uqv0WrMT8>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:37:15 -0000

What I do personally, I limit the scope level of power according to the power level of the god in question. At one early point in the evolution of Hero Wars I remember that a Vinga cultist was capped at some 2 - 3 masteries in Air magic.

That made a lot of sense to me, though it was later dropped from the rules.

I wonder if anything like that is in HQ2 (which I don't have yet)? Can a Doburdun worshipper develop a superheroic level in his Air Rune despite being a cultist of the wimpiest storm god known to us?

So in my current take on Glorantha an Orlanthi can runs from Air, Disorder (violence), Movement and Mastery... getting truly exotic maybe even dragon(ewt).

A lesser god(dess) will usually have fewer runes assosiated, but the level of maximum ability in those runes will also be lower.

  -Adept