Re: Gods and Runes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_TwbrmbJKG2y0JIEDdr9Mk_5efTe84hY4Rexk4fmxAXqMv8AQeSSpK2_vaNmkvw68iXrf>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:45:33 -0000

> The question is, do Lodril's own powers� suggest that the assumption in the Monomyth (that Lodril must have fire) is incorrect?

I assume you are referring to Wyrms Footnotes and the old Gods of Glorantha. I admit I rely much more heavily on sources such as Fortunate Reascent of Yelm and the Entekosiad when it comes to gods like Yelm and Lodril. The Lodril cult presented in the HQ appendix is the Lodril of Peloria.

My advice, always take the Monomyth with a grain of salt. Here's a little bit Greg and I wrote some months ago:

Palangio identified Veskarthan with a son of Lodril (which is the same thing as being Lodril). Ironically the God Learners concluded the Pelorian Lodril was a mere variant of Veskarthan, but one of their scholars latched on to the name "Lodril" thus confusing Glorantha-philes everywhere.

The God Learners had several decades of wearying debate whether to call the entity "Lodril" or "Veskarthan". Far away on Jrustela, the Holy Council simply resolved the issue by picking "Lodril".

Regards,
Jeff