Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_NQB71UQZMN2HW2IVKaQdVmbNMsOR55hnq6fBZGCbZi5LV-I1pVYt86ipFJ8O5SB4mJ>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:08:15 -0500

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Jeff Richard<richaje_at_B1kb49C_o0eS44RsSx38QI0gxp5WZAFOKBLhKx2ZdPDCatw4UcyEFdZwd-tg9WfiPsYCISE1KQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> It is not like the old angels dancing on the head of the pin - the question
> is will most Orlanthi men be able to approach Barntar as an initiate of his
> cult (or subcult). Most Orlanthi men have the Air rune as their elemental
> soul. Very few Orlanthi men have the Earth rune as their elemental soul. If
> Barntar is primarily an Earth god, ipso facto, very few Orlanthi men can
> join his cult.

My bad. I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around the new magic system (and, I just realized, 30 years of experience with Glorantha). I guess it just feels "obvious" to me that a god of the plow would be an Earth god. I see your point, though, and agree with it; this is how Ortlanthi were able to switch to Barntar during the Lunar proscription of Orlanth.

Have we already had the discsussion about whether Gloranthans can tell what runes other Gloranthans have?

Guy (Hoyle)