Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_WeswcZ639Rwxf5ObIxL72Met0DVNpRlFKjhF_MmLPPJW5rZKxA1KCanSVu47Gu4GVofT>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:11:26 -0000

> Jeff, forgive me for being obtuse, but this seems to be a rather
> ambiguous point to me as well. Whether Barntar is an Earth god who
> uses Air as a means to an end, or whether he's an Air god who uses
> Earth as a medium, is like the old angels dancing on the head of a pin
> debate. But if push comes to shove, it seems more obvious to me that
> Barntar is more like an Earth god.

It is not like the old angels dancing on the head of the pin - the question is will most Orlanthi men be able to approach Barntar as an initiate of his cult (or subcult). Most Orlanthi men have the Air rune as their elemental soul. Very few Orlanthi men have the Earth rune as their elemental soul. If Barntar is primarily an Earth god, ipso facto, very few Orlanthi men can join his cult.

Jeff