Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_YxEXHppt5YxAiMtBaAJy0Tosy9lXDXi2QBvowvaayZ2Iy2dZqtUXCO0LnNwq2LoTX4>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:01:05 -0500

Jeff, forgive me for being obtuse, but this seems to be a rather ambiguous point to me as well. Whether Barntar is an Earth god who uses Air as a means to an end, or whether he's an Air god who uses Earth as a medium, is like the old angels dancing on the head of a pin debate. But if push comes to shove, it seems more obvious to me that Barntar is more like an Earth god. In previous versions of the rules, he doesn't seem to have many Air/Storm abilities at all (except for the Dry Wet Fields feat, arguably, and Whistle for Cats); most of his feats seem more like Earth feats (e.g. Move Stones, Plow Hard Earth, Tame Bull, Tireless Labor, etc.). I just don't understand how he uses the Air rune to act upon the Earth rune, in Gloranthan terms.

Guy (Hoyle)