Re: Gods and Runes

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_2qaFEZKHMGLE2Prlt7zT-QKITUEPC_AiNqDsHPcAXo96OVSYiS5hWaoiSOmMfjs3>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 05:45:08 -0700 (PDT)

Peter noted:

> Oakfed's parentage I don't know but he may be a brother to
> Yamsur in which case he is the Greatlander counterpart to Lodril.

I'm not really sure that Oakfed has "parentage" as such. Oakfed was a piece of Hinarra the Bright Shiner that fell to earth when the Weakener attacked Bright Shiner so severely that he betrayed himself and became a god. It fell to earth at the Monkey Ruins.

I had always thought that the monomythic interpretaation of a bunch of entities (including Balumbasta) as Lodril was to give the God Learners simultaneous entry into both Dara Happa and Pamaltela, using the volcano gods of Caladraland as their key.

Chris Lemens