Re: Gods and Runes

From: David Dunham <david_at_EYMBh1Gx9aDUGXtsvq5MoLqxVoGaLtWuUss9_rONwiQb6BSLq1pY6d9kGpttGmXaqcCKK3>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:21:46 -0700

Jeff

>That version was printed in White Wolf Magazine No 20 about twenty
>years ago. I don't think it is anywhere near our best source on
>Lodril, just like I don't think the cult of Yelm writeup that
>appeared in White Wolf No 16 is our best source on Yelm.

At the same time, I don't think it's obsolete. I don't think any of it is contradicted by what you're working on. The fact that Lodril is a son of Aether is exactly why his Earth power is kinda fiery (like the way Barntar's mother gives his Air power a certain earthiness).

Heck, I'm sure there were God Learner classifications which gave secondary runes to gods, in which case Lodril probably would have Fire. But these aren't systems that are useful in rules terms.

--

David Dunham