Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: David Dunham <david_at_pUR9oclxA_SNR72-67dZnlOQePoMIwvGo3NYy8iXp-_IqzP11jrztE7usMsVbQb00qmwNZ>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 20:48:44 -0700

Peter

>You could try naming a god that has had more than one element.

Tanien comes to mind. Maybe Heler.

Richard

>Whither the cult of Caladra and Aurelion, which used to have both
>the Earth and Fire or Fire/Sky runes?
>
>What would that cult's runes be today?

Earth and Fire (please, no "Fire/Sky!"). And Harmony.

But that's the *cult*. It worships *two* deities. Any person who tried to take both elemental runes would be a tormented individual, torn between two natures. (You want to find your soulmate with the other rune, right?)

Jeff

>Fire was going to go back to its very old name: Fire/Sky to make
>this clear. But David Dunham talked me out of it.

Yup. Runes should have one name in the rules. Gloranthans probably use both. But if we're trying to be friendly to new players, you don't want one or two runes to stand out as needing a slash to name.

Really, all of the runes are fairly broad and go beyond the most obvious associations. (As I know you know!)

--

David Dunham