Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_A5tIeLI330qYk9LBpw9qxbrH3LMcXQkbVOxtV2kTGExASqAaJwq86gJyqwkzwPsBQ0>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:15:54 +1000

I was about to reply to Peter with much of what David just said re: "these are not core runes"
I am not trying to rush about and reclass everything according to the core runes, but I did do just that for our refit of our current game.* I _do_ think that some of the runes could probably be, safely, pared back to core runes.

Approaching from her ILH2 affinities (Build/Conquest/Steward for those that lack it):
CONQUEST: seems a bit like a subset of Mastery, rather than Death (i.e. Combat) to me.
STEWARD: again, could be a subset of Mastery, but might be Harmony, might be Earth.
BUILD: Stasis perhaps? But this seems wrong given she rushed about invading people. Earth?

Reading the description in ILH2 there is some stuff about placating the Earth spirits of Rist (Harmony, Earth) and marrying Ingkot and converting the clans (Harmony, Communication).

It occurs to me that Hwarin's moon-ness is mostly via her father, and she was probably a "demigod hero" in life before her Self Journey. Therefore Moon like a good potential candidate.

So, from the core runes in HQ2: Moon, Mastery, Harmony? I wonder about Earth, but Earth + Moon probably gives various experts a case of the conniptions.

I do quite like the Victory rune, but I Craft annoys me for some reason (too dwarfy?) and Family seems a bit weird for Steward - why not Law or Mastery in it's leadership interpretation?

I'm a bit disappointed that the ILH2 write-up seemed to lack any "Grr Revenge" oriented feats since this seems to largely be the impetus for a lot of Hwarin's deeds.

--
John Machin