Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_pO37BJeOzxNr1yJ73AMLEIUYRGpfSAhOD4DaprFrR2gH4mn2YEROBWiMyVB2>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:03:29 +0000 (GMT)

Didn't the Stasis rune sometimes have associations with building in stone?
Richard Hayes

From: David Dunham <david_at_9EdJ7hMGn1zFETolzYbCT1iSSF3tcN56ykQqYzw__3FC-mqpcPMd0DQnCVOpxsi3yW4fwLwvo9Ix.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 4 August, 2009, 5:08 AM

Peter

>Her rune appears to be that of a Bridge.  But I think building (craft
>rune) and conquest (victory rune) would be good starts as she built the
>bridges and the city of Jillaro as well as conquer the southern
>barbarians.  ILH-2 also gave her the family rune but that's reaching
>IMO.
Except none of these are the core runes described in HQ2 or the Sartar draft. IMO it's entirely possible for people to define their own runes like this, but you'd need to go whole hog, and specify the relevant personality traits.

Without going back to the writeup, I could see Harmony used for building, and Death for conquest. But you could have Mastery (inverted it looks bridge-like) as she mastered the river. YGWV.

--

David Dunham