Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_7eqsf7O3qXwXsEC8Q4qTEwd1pEuBhiO32HQHFbG5xVc_emsUrUNT4niwnqD9Hvy>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:03:55 -0400

valkoharja wrote:
>> Heler never had air. He is a Blue Tribe member that befriended Orlanth after
>> he was rescued from a dragon's belly.

> ***
>
> Yet Helamakt is the Fighting Storm, and has feats like cutting wind blast. Not only that, but Heler has cloud animals.
>
> God of Rain souds like a good candidate for Water and Air,

I'd say that worshipers of Heler as a member of the Blue Tribe see a Water rune, while worshipers of Heler as a member of the Storm Tribe (frex: our beloved Sartarites) see a Air/Storm rune and a reduced strength Water rune. Just the way heat and light are limited versions of Fire/Sky, the Heler's "rain" rune should be a restricted version of the Water rune.