Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_md1GVjPUvtZrlJJ4r1AKikPiVZKl1gXz4-8qEJbvoRFjDicqwtyHTKbWQ2pw7HUO8r>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:31:16 +1000

*cough* Mastery! *cough* ;)

My view of Athena is probably highly influenced by Neal Stephenson's interpretation of her in Cryptonomicon as the patron of "technical solutions".

I gave a Hwarin-worshipping Tribune the Earth rune to cover the non-martial stuff and Mastery to cover the martial stuff. Civilisation, crafts, practical work, orderly governance seems like Earth to me. Presumably it could also be Fire (what with the Dara Happan expertise with cities)?

This really just encourages me more to concentrate on the cultural/cult views of the deity, rather than the "objective view". Athena had several 'aspects' afterall...

2009/8/6 Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_nqL9pANT-QWGYoc5g5U-DT7tguyS5NlXzNIWhrBcoDJlKncMTHggFJM8-Fk_dJopFXe7WiEhn4KDqbHIZJA.yahoo.invalid>

--
John Machin