Re: Human Gestation

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_OJeWOk6pmTJngvHWmRzBabwPl4hBQp8CEd4VNnovyycyb29FDLCrYKeoaDax4L8Lm8J5B_W>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:45:29 +0200

John Hughes:
> The gestation modifier for Glorantha is 294/365 (G-year/E-year).
>
> Gloranthan human pregnancy is therefore 280*294/365 = 225, which I'd
> shorten to 224 days or 4 seasons, giving the same day and week to
> both conception and birth, (barring Sacred Time complications ).
>
> http://mythologic.info/questlines/florafauna.html

To each their own (Glorantha).

Funny, as I was surprised by Greg saying he never mentioned it in print, because I was *damn* *sure* I knew it was a full (Gloranthan) year.

I've always assumed the Gloranthan year was wrapped around the human gestation period, with a couple of weeks to make the seasons equal in length. And sacred time doesn't count of course.

Cheers,

Henk

John Hughes:
> (No, it was the other one. Sorry to disappoint you. :))
I was surprised - saw that name coming up everywhere. Did I miss anything? Sorry - haven't watched the news regularly for over twenty years, I've kept to the papers and radio from then on.