Re: Runes of the East Isles gods

From: David Dunham <david_at_uiDQKofCjOwScmUJqwUJj2fKojfEiUfUVRu9-fM3nuXWdhQoJxeHC6UlM9NblW84_XRafy>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:43:03 -0700

Todd

>That said, I would LOVE to see a list of Runes that are useful for
>HQ2, even though all I have is the limited Glorantha rules that are in
>the core book.

I don't understand. Aren't those runes useful?

They aren't exhaustive, but you're almost always going to have an easier time using them, rather than making up a decorative rune like a HQ1 affinity. Peter had a great analogy:

>Romans had very little influence on the development of
>the Chinese language(s) throughout history yet we can still write down
>chinese words in the latin alphabet

The point is not to use (say) Vithelan runes to describe Vithelan entities, but to have a core set of game-usable runes.

--

David Dunham