Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_jqFfOSbMKTkfvUDwLcqXBMoRrv5IdR1fSivS_HwtMLe3OFx4tgy8b9gua1N9xJPU2>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:12:45 -0700

YGWV On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_4jrT5SUnumEyZrmWIDO_44BMw-__YfhbUfMDjIeLlNeY_MmAXQB6io8GQ0yIGtIxDayoogF1cEjSaoxEcn8.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> That ties in a little with a question I've had for a while:
> Are there any water fowl in Glorantha?

Yes.

> Do ducks, puffins, seagulls and
> penguins exist as small water-living birds (some of which fly),

Yes

> or are all
> such creatures affected by the curse/blessing that created Ducks and Keets?

No

> If you have read the Ducks book by Mongoose Publishing, they suggest there
> are no such waterfowl.

My Glorantha has a complete array of water fowl, including non-terrestial creatures.

> And that Geese-Keets are rare and dangerous things.

Although, of course, the "geese" part is really only because they appear to be geese to some observers. The ducks of Dragon pass are not ducks, either. They appear to be ducks, are called ducks, and so on. But they are not the same crature as the waterfowl ducks which we know, and if we actually know them, laugh at.

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, pavyr <nick.the.nevermet_at_i5W2nNv5ANFAPh3I4tYo5MHkxgTP7-BvZOnkJ79yW6IvsJNxlnErfFa8M7hNKez78mXulyThTHdaikj0M6nOK6hKpMOu.yahoo.invalid>
> wrote:
> > Why is the Wenelian Tradition
> > devoid of birds?

This is a question for Jeff Kyer.