Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_u_pwtLgDWnW3JHz6Hn7ijRMnlzOtmW6ygjtU1TQXHzob5dePkWYWOoKyl9O6dGw5m>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:11:55 -0700

YGWV On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM, pavyr <nick.the.nevermet_at_2PwaQ-uCRNQCKvHvCVPrqDyRtxkxLjMzJwSRWhOuNOErti_exJPRe8ichdEXwCwWT8yBwfZbbdt2T-gj9RKGu_0Z.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I've definitely been thinking about the hardscrabble element of the
> Wenelian tradition as you put it. It's not a tradition of heroics or
> rightful rulers, but of survivors and spirits who helped others survive, by
> hook or by crook. I could easily imagine a few more spirits along that
> line, whose practices came out of necessity, if not desperation. Probably
> the real nasty ones were dropped soon after the Dawn (no, I haven't been
> thinking of campaign ideas at all....).

I might doubt that.
The nasty ones would be propitiated, just in case. I mean, there were a thousand generations where they were here, and only what, 50 generations since the Dawn?
We can not be too careful!

> A few times I've been temped to try and write up a knapping spirit for the
> tradition, as these poor bastards probably didn't have metal during the
> Greater Darkness.

No one had metal during the Darkness, to my knowledge. New metal that is. Old stuff, yep.

> On that subject, is there even a local source of metal in Wenelia/Maniria?
> I forget. If there is, it's probably controlled by Mostali or Uz anyhow.

Worse yet: the mostali controlled the obsidian and flint!!

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer