Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: pavyr <nick.the.nevermet_at_5sAj4gVaW3QxTwGGjoB561Rva61UkScF3wyxLIRYysk9N-NDUHoeQy5vcx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:37:59 -0000

In retrospect, the thing I hadn't considered was the basis of totems in bloodlines.

In HQ1 terms, then, I suppose things like Kreediii would be common magic? In HQ2, I'm unsure if it would even get it's own spirit society, or if there would just be a kingfisher charm of some kind.

I've definitely been thinking about the hardscrabble element of the Wenelian tradition as you put it. It's not a tradition of heroics or rightful rulers, but of survivors and spirits who helped others survive, by hook or by crook. I could easily imagine a few more spirits along that line, whose practices came out of necessity, if not desperation. Probably the real nasty ones were dropped soon after the Dawn (no, I haven't been thinking of campaign ideas at all....).

A few times I've been temped to try and write up a knapping spirit for the tradition, as these poor bastards probably didn't have metal during the Greater Darkness. On that subject, is there even a local source of metal in Wenelia/Maniria? I forget. If there is, it's probably controlled by Mostali or Uz anyhow.