Re: What lies beneath Alda Chur???

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_vgLmslcV1PCmKozWvn8x3aGKujgf9XqbBAUEiNifJ_MinnClBTmZK3wyvmib6ju9fzx>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:28:55 +1200

chrphrgrv wrote:

> Has the explanation for Yelmalian folk along the Zola Fel as
> published in Sun County and in Pavis and the Big Rubble no longer in
> standing?

No.

> Personally, I do have a problem with referencing to a Sun Dome temple
> in Dragon Pass in 877 ST.

It actually is a Sun Dome temple, a square temple built with a golden dome on top.

> They do at a minimum have to be Yelm worshiping
> mercenaries.

I don't think so. Sun Dome Temples are not specifically associated with Yelm. If you said they had to be Dara Happan mercenaries then I don't think that's necessary. The Sun Dome Temples first re-appear after the Gbaji Wars in Holay in 562 ST and there's plenty of time for it to percolate into Dragon Pass circa 877 ST without Dara Happans being involved.

> They have to be Yelm worshiping because eventually they
> become Yelmalians

They were Yelmalions from the very beginning.

--Peter Metcalfe