Whoops! There's a Heortling next door... (was: RiG)

From: stu_stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_8AGBoPkVHKwdnHZwXKPwvaj8Qg-xLqMyhHs-TgbxwGOaZO2jjgocRU2t1Vopq>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:34:43 -0000

John:
> Personally, I find that intolerance is great grist for the mill in our games.*

Me too, but then I don't always take things very seriously. And find it often says more about the intolerantorators than the intolerantees.

Not *quite* Plunder… #5:

THE MARTIAL RACES OF DRAGON PASS, VOL. 2 By Kraxus Zorens (Raibanth, 1594 S.T.). Manuscript octavo. 406 pp. New Pelorian. Bound in red leather decorated with silver leaf. Some scuffing. Part of a three-volume set detailing the religion, myths, legends, society and culture of the warrior-peoples of Kerofinela. Volume 2 covers the human tribes—of the Far Place, Sartar, Tarsh and Volsaxiland—and the Kitori. (Volume 1 features the Beastfolk and elder races—excepting trolls, which appear in volume 3, alongside the Wasp Riders, Telmori, Tusk Riders and general index.) The tome's language is parochial, overblown and ever-so-slightly homoerotic. Used by the Lunar Army in the 1602 invasion of Sartar (and not much thereafter). Its renditions of local names into New Pelorian show a curious orthography (e.g. Seelangee, Coortanee, Bacoffee). The book gives wildly conflicting information on its subject matter, and in some areas is woefully out of date. If consulted prior to interacting with these cultures, it provides bonuses/penalties to appropriate skills, according to the roll of a D6: 1 -20%, 2 -10%, 3 no change, 4 +5%, 5 +10%, 6 +20%. The Kitori chapter holds no information of any depth or detail whatsoever… but then what's new?