Re: Orlanthi depictions

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_JIrz46bZa_1KZa0brR4CsWIGBO412jOF7TE-nQ1G8J-oELYqVGkd04f9jdcKBx5j69i>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:43:36 -0000

> > Making stuff to be different just to be different just distances people from
> > the setting and makes it harder to describe,
>
> Eh. Or not. I have generally found that going into greater levels of
> detail does not necessarily add to the gaming experience: "You see a
> group of people; you think they look like XXX." is generally
> sufficient for most people.
>
> Those who want a greater level of detail are probably not going to be
> put off by the description of those people not having a ready parallel
> from Earth history; even if they were, there are going to be many,
> many cases in Glorantha where there simply isn't a close parallel.
>
> (Right off the top: Uz, Mostalli, Agrimori, Morocanth.... )
>

> Dan

  ***

I'm sorry, but this just does not follow. At least the roleplayers I know are often very visual. People aren't just "people", you the GM and player(s) are painting a shared image.

These people who are like Assyrians in many ways looking like Swedes adds a totally unnecessery complication, and doesn't add anything. Other than "pale sun worshippers, so people don't tan or burn on Glorantha?".

As for trolls and ducks and such... duh, they are not human.

That dog won't hunt,

  -Adept