Re: No horizon

From: yg_mac_logo <mac_logo_at_XS5DW6ZoNJFSFAf5I9_Hv8Kea0eWBNjjJUQQluVXvk3B_0-HpPWDkDqVZUFGW82kt0w>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:59:04 -0000

> Misquoted is not the same as quoted. I'd be happy to see actual word to word quotes and page counts.

> Remember how much talk there was of Glorantha not having a horizon? That was actually a logical aspect of the world, from the cosmology and description. It was nixed though, since it would confuse people needlessly by going against their assumptions on how the world looks.
>
> -Adept

Happy to oblige and disabuse.

Glorantha's lack of a true horizon has been published and is still within the "canon", as far as I'm aware.

Men of the Sea, copyright date 2004 - ink barely dry in Glorantha publication standards and still available from the Issaries website, so not old, obscure (again by Glorantha publication standards), or hard to get.

Page 6

The Edge of the World
"See the haze where the water and sky become one? That is the edge of the world"

... [2 paragraphs of Glorantha scenery, monsters and courage] ...

Glorantha has no true horizon -- between the sea and sky is only an indeterminate, hazy band. ... [more descriptive details] ...

Graeme