Re: North, South, East and West

From: chrphrgrv <chrphrgrv_at_3xAltOjkrv90GksYDMkqnV8OCUzRPQhgz5dEwVQPx83PpWfjOdnzH-unRkjZk_86iR>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 04:01:43 -0000

Magasta, pretty important for Sailors. Probably determined by the current?

In Genertela, is North associated with where cold and storm season comes from? I know whether Valind is in check has a lot to do with how bad things get in Storm season. How many would know this though? Is it a fairly universal in the fire side lore that Valind lies in the North? Would this be a common belief? This is assuming that the North is not appreciably colder than anywhere else-latitude has nothing to do with temperatures. Is it conceivable that at least some learned people in central Genertela might conceive of North as Valind, Valind's Home, Ice, or some such. And the South as Magasta, the Center or some such?

I assume that East and West would reference the gates where Yelm enters and then exits or versa vice if you are lately from the underworld.