Re: New players and Arcane Law

From: Alexander Entelechy <alexanderentelechy_at_f4Lf1ZKQ3_w-saTWG9hkmQcZPlALxHKkILzMTjtjMqlMz8oIGrkRILxwz>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:42:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hey David

I have the PDF and that has a blue cover, but I guess we’re talking about the same book.

So what in particular is awesome about it, well…

Greg wrote a while back.

(((But if you wanted to set up a cult in artar where Death is joyously greeted

with dances, feasts and general gaity not associated with it at this time,

then you would have to establish the entire web of social, personal,

practical, emotional, psychic and mystic reactions. You would have to PROVE

it works to the participants by establishing the actual link, which is

usually recognized in the game as the exchange of worship for magic.)))

My frustration with Glorantha was that it’s all about Heroes establishing (or defending) mythic-value systems, but with no guidelines on how to change, destroy or create them. Arcane Law provides a rough (very rough) sketch of how to do that. I consider that essential to the game for what I personally wanted out of it.