Re: Ghouls

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_XESsbuSW2zgRk8IsbGuEhFP-XAr1fsBfoo8NzoIXxKf_HyLIAZcfiZFVsaY4>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

Metaphysically (rather than in terms of a game mechanic, like magic to detect undead), is there a way of defining,on a yes/no basis, whether something in Glorantha is undead?
In terms of RQ mechanics I saw this in terms of being able to regenerate magic points/POW automatically over time, but this may just have been my Glorantha varying (and it probably has no obvious or useful equivalent in HQ anyway). Though I quite like  it because it is a way of saying that undead are unnatural, horrific (and ni some cases potentially tragic too?) because they are cut off from the cycle of life
On the subject of ghouls, the old Vivamort cult used to have rune magic allowing for limited control over ghouls. Is there any mythic link between the two "species", or is this just a handy sorcerous trick that Vivamort cultisits can do? Indeed is this power some vampires have over ghouls still part of the canon anyway?
Secondly, do ghouls have religious beliefs? If so, what are they like? Is there a god of ghouls? Would these beliefs be anything like the ghoul religions in  Delta Green/Call of Cthulhu, for example?
Richard Hayes