Re: Ghouls

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_28h8WHNKiDDMb5L325UEFFEVRVUzmlMkpSCTUC22DsmKHYuEkXjlClmsjYx1Vc6Pj5>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:27:47 -0000

> Secondly, do ghouls have religious beliefs? If so, what are they like? Is there a god of ghouls? Would these beliefs be anything like the ghoul religions in  Delta Green/Call of Cthulhu, for example?

I have no idea if anything is written up anywhere, but this being Glorantha I'd be most surprised if they _didn't_ have religious beliefs of some sort. My best guess is that larger pockets would even have their own 'cultural hero' who taught them to survive the great darkness through eating the dead. There are enough godlings, spirits, underworld beings, and whatnot around that no doubt there is something that they can obtain power from.

Just riffing off of Greg's mention that the elder races largely speaking eat their dead, and that ghouls are not humans....maybe they came into existence as an attempt to become something more primal than humanity, more akin to the elder races? Perhaps their magic would all tie into the man rune (and probably death too). To their way of viewing things they are more pure "man" than are mere humans.

All just ideas.