Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_tpWWRcx3cZYALdF1krSTC-yOW0m-MW9PbPyPYSNWT56mBE5LJGKhfEzXd7H5siWBkt>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:34:32 +1000

2009/9/19 Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_5SQZavv-ObvteZp1UHpWSiTLdiw99NCUMAFA1rPGONSEbNCLShM7Lng-oBfK-j-W3X3PqrEXwRQNmw.yahoo.invalid>
> Har har, wonderful.
> Not that I had seen, heard of or known about. Until now.
> Normally of course, the requirements for full brithinihood probably requires
> that the candidate survive the growth period, and also that it meet whatever
> physical requirements are deemed necessary for immortal life (i.e.
> adulthod)..

To be born and to grow is to change-in-state-and-nature and not desirable!

Perhaps the Brithini have a "medieval" view of childhood? They don't care about it, and see it as something that should end as soon as possible? The historical medievals tended to not be excited about children so much because they kept dying all the time, but the Brithini antipathy for it could be for philosophical reasons, i.e. "Hurry up and get old enough to become an unchanging perfected Real Person"?

--
John Machin