Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_2XbWacdxTZ6k4Lj5hb58hjuV45UFFZcMM7hZLfM2hN-j_ZBYrwhbyas_conwzk63oPu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:43:35 -0000

> > They are callous certainly, and have expunged some of the most
> > uplifting
> > parts of the human spirit from their culture,
>

> Woah woah, they haven't expunged anything!
> They are born this way.
> They are not human beings, but a kind of proto-human being.

I'm not sure whether this is a matter of definitions, or just of YGWV, so:

If they're not human, that would mean that, should they break their restrictions, they can never become human, just a Brithini-who-happens-to-be-ageing? (In the same way that a dwarf who starts ageing doesn't become a human).

And, if they're born that way, why do they need to be trained to act like Brithini - wouldn't it just come naturally to them? (In the same way that a human doesn't need to be trained to feel sexual desire, it just comes naturally to them when they get old enough).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/