Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: David Cake <dave_at_6Ak5w6YbZ9EurQXIgRKfR7Mycj_Xezec_lZevvBRn0Gw_yFDovQNgyCcHYw9i1W3SGI9InJ>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 02:21:42 +0800

At 11:53 PM +0000 29/9/09, ttrotsky2 wrote:

>> But perhaps "maniac" is the wrong term? I'm certainly not up on my
>> psychological terminology.
>
>AFAIK, psychologically, insofar as the word is still used, it refers
>to someone with heightened emotions, full of nervous energy, and
>suffering from psychosis, delusions, and possibly full-blown
>hallucinations. Caricatured as your classic hysterical loony, in
>other words.
>
>I doubt this was the intended meaning here :)
>
>If we're looking for a psychological term that might characterise
>Brithini, mild sociopathy, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or
>something like Asperger's might be closer.

        The Brithini are, in many ways, the opposite of sociopaths. Sociopaths don't care much what society thinks, and are risk takers. Brithini care massively what (Brithini) society thinks about them, and are the opposite of risk takers, unbelievably cautious by our standards. Brithini might superficially appear similar to sociopaths, because they don't care at all what YOU think (if you aren't Brithini), or when it comes down to it whether you live or die (you'll die soon enough anyway, as a pathetic mortal). But they care deeply about other Brithini.

        Something on the autism spectrum seems right though, and inevitably all Brithini are going to appear hugely obsessive compulsive by our standards (though unlike a true OCD personality, they are probably not at all prone to developing new obsessions

    . Its not so much that they have real passion for other Brithini (though some may), but that they are incredibly used to their familiar presence.

	Cheers
		David