Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_EdiSjj1BjXM5fNUrNUPLN0U_8S6b70AeHLIsqMbHmVuiGM1mDXbfrFwMlg-SYdEr3K1>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:53:53 -0000

> But perhaps "maniac" is the wrong term? I'm certainly not up on my
> psychological terminology.

AFAIK, psychologically, insofar as the word is still used, it refers to someone with heightened emotions, full of nervous energy, and suffering from psychosis, delusions, and possibly full-blown hallucinations. Caricatured as your classic hysterical loony, in other words.

I doubt this was the intended meaning here :)

If we're looking for a psychological term that might characterise Brithini, mild sociopathy, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or something like Asperger's might be closer.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/