contiguous lands in Sartar

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_OiR9oTT1d5ETFBf_EXmga8vkjFGvRzF1rV-_dE0_30Z5erpiWtEdN68BZ1sx5wl>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 01:07:04 -0400

I just looked at the maps posted on livejournal, and I like 'em. I understand that everything with the Satari are constantly in motion, so they are general at best. One comment is that the tribal lands are contiguous. That was a surprise. I'm intrigued because I remember a discussion a while back about crisp, contiguous lands being a modern concept, and it didn't apply to Sartar. I believe Greg 'imself said as much, or agreed to it. It may have been in context of clan tula's, but I think the basic logic applies to anything dealing with Heortlings.

So my question is: are these borders anything close to the how the Sartari see the tribal boundries, or mostly just a concession to how the modern RPGer's mind works? I understand and appreciate the pragmatism of this latest wave of Glorantha material, but I like to know which bits are which. Especially after playing KoDP and getting used to satellite clans in the tribe.