Re: contiguous lands in Sartar

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_JjqBlAPA6pYlx0RpgqFgP8uuDC8xANT3JzuTEk2IODFoybDCzGYyUT2FnuKw>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:37:59 +0000 (GMT)

 Really a problem with making maps. In an idea world, we'd show that the boundaries are porous and overlapping. Clans don't have firm boundaries recognized by all parties, nor do tribes. However, this map helps show the generally accepted boundaries of the tribes and helps players and narrators get a far better feeling for the location and size of the tribes, which locations are under the control of what tribe and so on.

Jeff

Where do the clan markers fit into all this? ISTR that they mark out the limits of the perception of the clan wyter.

I guess, from the comments above, that they mark out the core of the clan's territory: holy sites, steads, fields and prime grazing. The sort of stuff that the clan will fight to protect. What's left in between is the wilder non-cultivated portions, low quality grazing and hunting grounds. This being the porous portion you mentioned above.

Is that the right sort of thinking?

Gavain