Re: Malkion - Brithini Talar?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_qCishpsqHt-cggQZqDRpnKkErNJH-fHjvbX8pUAiHAFMIvdEcCgEBa19_5LjN0Gr9IP>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:03:22 +1300

Sean Foster wrote:

> Malkion was a prophet, killed by the Brithini.

No. He was killed because Zzabur stayed away from an important rite to restore order to the Cosmos. The parallel in Orlanthi myth is about how the Celestial Court (or Gloranthan Court) were busy with similar rite when the Devil burst in on them and destroyed the Spike.

> More Questions:
>
> 1) Were Brithini immortal before Time? Wasn't everybody 'immortal'.

The Malkioni became immortal because they followed the Revelations of Now which Malkioni revealed. Later Malkion realized that was a load of old bollocks and repudiated the Revelations whereupon Zzabur and his caste brothers certified him as insane and later expelled him.

> Was Malkion a Brithini Talar?

No. Malkion was the God of the Land of Logic. After he was expelled, Zzabur and his four brothers ruled what was left as the Republic of Zerendel (which I call the Old Republic). The prime foes of the Old Republic was the Vadeli Empire of Endernef who were allied with the Mostali of Slon and other horrible nasties.

Zzabur could see that the Vadeli would be victorious in the coming battle against the Old Republic. So he retreated to the island of Brithos which was more of a summer palace for him to conduct his researches while the Old Republic fell to the Vadeli. There he created the Spell which destroyed not only the Vadeli but also the lands which they conquered, namely the Old Republic. In other words - he destroyed the Land of Logic to save Logic.

> 3) It was my understanding Arolanit was a Colony generated (bred) to
> deal with the 1st Age Gbaji issue - Arolanit never existed before time.

There were Brithini settlers on Arolanit in the Dawn Age (ie before Gbaji).

--Peter Metcalfe