Re: Tikal

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_xgtIQf2JQaoFXdPQrL1p9bzR6dHfaU7Dhjf622e3bEupxJval6sbIOujDn95t7NMG9u>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:14:58 +1300

Prince B wrote:
> In the 3rd Age, circa 1500s, do the ruins of the EWF city of Tikal
> exist on the NW shore of the river near Dwarf Ford?

Tikand is described as a fort rather than a city in King of Sartar. While the source is dated circa 700 ST, its proximity to Snakepipe Hollow makes me believe it was never a very popular place to live.

The map in Snakepipe Hollow shows no ruins there but it does show an Island in the middle of the river crossing (now known as Dwarf Ford) which is where the fort must have been.

> Was this city completely leveled either
> by some invasion of the EWF or by the Dragon Kill?

Rather than answer intensely detailed questions, I think it wiser to point out the level of detail you are asking for simply isn't there in the sources. If you want Tikand to be eaten by dragons then Tikand was eaten by Dragons. If you want Tikand to flattened by a chaos invasion from the hollow then Tikand was destroyed by such an invasion.

--Peter Metcalfe