Re: Preorders for buying Sartar Kingdom of Heroes at Dragonmeet 2009!

From: yinkinuk <simonbrayuk_at_K9NDM-nuBPaXEsmW1Q1_A6e_uD-U7impuRJNgE8QP7jXZQ3NrrcTU3xkhL04F6tL>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:22:20 -0000

Hi All,

 I know many of you may say 'well hell you would say that!' but just to defend the new and glorious Sartar book. I want to defend the price, which to many of our impoverished British citizens seems high at this time of financial difficulty, however this book is HUGE and packed with information, it is like having ten books in one. It really is the best Gloranthan product in twenty years. When I first was sent the drafts I found my self sitting down and reading the book with gusto from cover to cover, without stopping, something I have NEVER done with any other product. I then immediatly stopped my MRQ Hawkmoon Campaign in mid flow and got my players to create some characters. That was many months ago, we haven't even skimmed the surface of the product in our exploration of Sartar/

 As I began to commission the art, I realised that the product was really inspiring our artists, and some of the pieces that appeared were the most dynamic, wonderful and beautiful images I have ever seen for a Gloranthan book. The maps of the cities blew me away, I knew I had sent out these sketches and bits of texts, but what came back absolutely blew me away. My players devoured them and wanted to see more. Artists thanked me for letting them work on the project and each showed a deep interest in becoming a core part of promoting and developing the world of Glorantha.Then I saw the maps done by Colin Driver, they contain more information about Sartar than any I had seen before, they were lush and colourful and easy to use. I heard a whisper that these would be appearing in colour I need peed myself with excitement, colour in a Glorantha book! Oh Joy!

Moon Design is a small company aiming to do big things and this book is the first sample of what we plan to do. This is a big book, because it has finally fulfilled big and ancient promises. This book is everything that Chaosium and Issaries promised for Glorantha, but could not achieve, this is the Sartar Book!

 Finally remember that this is a Heroquest book, that means it contains pure information, not repeated stat blocks, not pages of tables and charts, it contains pure, unadulterated Gloranthan goodness, which any player or GM can use, and reference for ANY game that they choose, be it HQ, RQ, GURPS, CORTEX, D6 and any other that you can put your mind to!

Cheers Simon Bray