Re: Comparative prices - original RQ and Sartar

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_GOgDg_UL9QlRWjD7goMGeGJhhaEPMWDNc8YHcLApQuqWipNXDDLM9mfkUfadimfBwD>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:37:37 -0600

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Jeff <richaje_at_mDBClZmpoPNdvdbafuNDZXG-iyVSZywMQKMrSl1mnviUzLI9ZAexsNwIqsjj0dcYuddxl1fc_QBZIA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Just for laugh and giggles, I checked out the original release price of
> Runequest in 1978 ("A $26 Value") and then computed that price in 2008
> dollars (we don't yet have the data for 2009 but it is likely to look
> awful).
>
> Runequest cost $85 in 2009 dollars.

 I wonder how I could have afforded $26 for a game in 1978? (Actually in '79, at the end of my freshman year of college.) I remember paying $40 for the deluxe boxed set a few years later, after a lot of scrimping and saving. That seemed pricey to me back then, and I don't buy many books at that price today, either.

Guy (Hoyle)