Re: Eastern extent of EWF - where, when

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_nrD1X7p863k2aYysvh1khG3t2-R1GmH3_fUcZttSOZ9AbftTrujSjCAOF_O>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:55:04 -0500

Namaste:

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_yV3KXY61k1T3DYQccl0sJq4D5j9uMfLU-0oVNoumXRMBM8-U3h7OL2kxxfrZYKHyoigVfmUXEOgOxrrs.yahoo.invalid> wrote:  > How far into Prax/Wastes - all the way to Teshnos and the Iron Forts?

Pavis is probably the extent of EWF influence. The Praxians and the Wastes are notoriously difficult to control, and frankly, really not worth the trouble. I'm unsure if the Iron forts existed in the 2nd Age, or really much about how they came into existence.

> I'm looking at the 770s and 780s and wondering if you could expect EWF
folks over in Teshnos. I > figure the odd ambassadorial type, agents, etc. but I'm wondering if there is more documented
> somewhere.

As Mr. Metcalfe noted, the Teshnans are quite anti-draconic in outlook. They have a long standing regional rivalry with the Kralorelans to the north, and from their pre-history one of their "big bads" is the anti-dragon Sekever, who caused them untold troubles, including such wonderful events as eclipsing/changing the Sun. (The Black Sun or the Blood Sun are both feared and ritually destroyed during Teshnan sacred time.) This sad state of affairs continued until Chal (and other Sages) sacrifices to Somash, revealing his Terrible Fiery Form which ripped off Sekever's face.

Snakes, however, are connected to both Solf and possibly one of their many local Fuel Goddesses, and are considered creatures of power that must be propitiated lest they bring poisonous wrath. Solf cultists are known to use some snake venom to induce altered states, but Solfites are the kind of folks that'll smoke *anything* to destroy their sense of self.

I do think the EWF sent emissaries/diplomats/adventurers to Teshnos, but sadly I think they would not fair well. You could run some interesting campaigns with them facing off with the God Learners, who fared better in Teshnos and Melib.

-S. Santo Sengupta
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."