Re: Sartar: KoH - Kangharl questions!

From: Jeff <richaje_at_M1zytLjrbql18su8_J_xWQ2nlCKQVLQZ5Jl3kPQ9ZXNWFFIxLFzVlV2cG12iVhYmBj-h>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 06:11:46 -0000

> I guess my players and I have enough of a different perspective on things to make asking questions in this forum pointless. Never mind.

As the writer of the scenario, I find the perspective of your players fascinating and find the questions very interesting. That being said, Peter and Herve's answers certainly fit with my own views.

The Lunar Empire is vast and hardly monolithic. There are many factions, many different groups, and not everyone is on the same page with regards to the small details. The Lunar sorcerers of Blackmor are yours to define. From an Orlanthi perspective, they are villains out of some old tragic saga. From a Lunar perspective, they are likely enthusiastic agents of the Provincial Church or some other instrument of the Empire.

Fazzur Wideread is a very complicated and conflicted figure. He is one of Greg and my favorite characters in Glorantha. He is a man of destiny; he is also a half-barbarian parvenu. You can do worse than look at Stilicho, Aetius or Wallenstein for real world comparisons. Fazzur holds his lofty position solely by merit; he is the best military general the Lunar Empire has. However, he is very lousy at playing imperial politics and has many many many enemies in the Empire, far more than he is aware of.

And always watch out for Tatius, who is far more powerful and influential than the Orlanthi suspect.

Jeff