Re: Sartar: KoH - Kangharl questions!

From: Tim <tim_at_r-ogIYPqJ-9H03ShQU6xrliXVOkW8ZAaPQUB5aFMnFYWqaQnN-i9GGMI_ilQN49dC9L0s5Gl>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:30:29 -0000

> I raised this issue before, but from the perspective of why is Fazzur's response to the theft was not energetic. Possible, explanations include:
> 1. The story is not true. Fazzur did not say these things, and the Hands are not really important to the Lunars.
> 2. The story is true, but Fazzur does not conside the Hands important now because the situation is different or because he believes that Hofstaring wouldn't be a threat after a few years of Red Hell treatment.
> 3....?

Fazzur believes it to be true, but other members of the Lunar Heirarchy don't. Having something stolen from Fazzur's puppet prince makes Termatain (and Fazzur) look foolish, strengthening the hand of anyone looking to replace either or both of them (Kangharl may be ambitiously hoping that as an early Lunar convert, he will be the first Sartarite Lunar Governor of the new province), or possibly giving hardliners an excuse to take punative action against actual or suspected rebels