Re: So what's SOLACE to a rokari ?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_qRuylqeD68ktFT7YbTCJpS4f8lbVYC_K4nC2xIMz6Q4Opx1JpMd6QICLLi32RqsE3>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:50:47 -0800

YGWV I see I am entering late in this discussion (again)

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM, <hcarteau_at_oTyzjEH5m9jkPkp2985QITI7OPDNIRjZQ3Y-ECnkFJWZ78oEWlf2YYqlmvKgHqVM2TnqYurzlz0.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> OK, so we now have established the difference between Solace and Solace of
> the
> Body. Solace is what good malkioni aspire to after their life of toil and
> duty,
> their afterlife reward. But nobody knows what it is exactly.

Sure they do
Solace is the Mind of God
Solace is eternal peace
Solace is pleasure without payment
Solace is the extinguishment of the individual self Solace is just like life except there is nothing bad. No one gets hurt, there is always food, the bullys are not present, and everyone always gets really, really good hands when they play cards Solace is where the virtuous go, and are able to see and laugh at the non-virtuous suffering in wherever they suffer Solace is the sum of zero divided by zero

I do not see pearly
> gates and lute-playing angels anywhere, but I know the good people must
> relate
> to something during weekly sermons.

They relate to different things as their vision of what Solace is. Everyone tends to see it in familiar terms for some, pearly gates and wings
for others, active participation as a conscious part of the divine works Yet other, a deep and contemplative cosmic mind

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer