Re: SOLACE and SOLACE OF THE BODY : what are they ?

From: David Cake <dave_at_kYMBLV1Rn95aEGR2w0LY_7lhP3AFfSbnmYgSwcdMzvQS0ur8dzg2VDw6q50lpyrIlBNi_qo>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:39:54 +0800

        I'm not sure there is a difference between Solace and Solace of the Body. Or perhaps, to get technical, Solace of the Body is the solace experienced through knowledge of Solace - ie the comfort against the tragedies of this world provided by ones knowledge of the joy in life after death. Spells may grant some hint of Solace, or some comforting reassurance of the reality of Solace, but cannot provide the actual experience (in part, this is because death is an intrinsic part of the union with the one that is Solace).

        I think it more likely that Solace of the Body is just a phrase, and actually refers to the solace that is necessary because of sheer tragedy of being mortal - that 'of the Body' part is referring to the sorrow that is comforted.

        My impression is that Brithini, according to orthodox Malkionism, not only do not experience Solace, but are almost defined by not acknowledging (and so not experiencing) Solace. If they acknowledged Solace and so acknowledged the message of Old Malkion (and denying Zzaburs denial of it), they would not be Brithini at all, but simply Malkioni. True Zzaburites would deride this nonsense of some sort of future moment of union with the One as irrelevant, and pointless to even think about - the Revelation Of The Now is the only true model for behaviour and correct thought, and continued existence and right behaviour is its own reward, and to base ones behaviour and decisions on the existence of an ultimately unprovable afterlife phenomenon like Solace is error.

        My impression was the difference between Solace and Joy is that you are not expected to truly experience Solace in your life time, more derive comfort from understanding of it, but Joy is an immanent, involving, experience.

        I agree with all that said that Solace is not something experienced directly during worship in any form, while Joy is.

	Cheers
		David