Re: Miniatures for Orlanthi characters

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_yQuiwHdRa3tpivkT4VBDiMk7bP-GJnpdfVSL0E6FnRlZmesP1oERx1-pWeGSnIlOLA2ut>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:57:39 -0800

> I'm looking for miniatures representing the characters and would like to
> get
> feedback on the miniature (collection and supplier) you use to represent
> Heortling characters if any.

I'm assuming that you're looking for 25/28mm metal figures.

Besides the Lance & Laser guys, and the long-out-of-print Ral Parthas and Trollkin Forge, I usually look at Historical ranges.

Depending on your view of what Sartarites look like, you might look at Celts/Gauls/Dacians/Britons, early or late Saxons, Vikings, Dark Age Picts or Irish, or Ancient Germans. You might try Highland Scots from the time of the English Civil War if you like kilts and bagpipes.

You'll be better off searching the web for manufacturers. Try looking at some of the the following. You may need to do a bit of research once you get to a site.

1st Corps.: http://www.1stcorps.co.uk/online_shop/
A&A: http://www.aandaminiatures.co.uk/products/9
Artizan: http://www.artizandesigns.com/

Black Tree: http://www.blacktreedesign.com/northamerica/home.php?cat=2431 Crusader Miniatures: http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/index.php
Gripping Beast: http://www.grippingbeast.com/
Old Glory: http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/
Wargames Foundry: http://wargamesfoundry.com/
Warlord Games: http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/

There are a few manufacturers who produce 28mm Celts, Romans, Vikings and Saxons in plastic, which are cheaper on your wallet but take more time to put together before you paint.

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterances of a depraved imagination.