Get ready to Yggle!

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_lTmmywvjzL0J40cNu-gFqgCNHHdheXGiaVST-4eVL6iWN6Y-e4eaLDsUndUeWK>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:55:15 -0000

I've been watching a lot of the Wiggles recently, on DVD. Some of you may not be familiar with their work, but they are popular childrens entertainers.

It suddenly struck me that they are trying to relate Harreks Saga in the form of songs for children. Even their name, The Wiggles, seems to derive from the islands of Harreks most loyal followers - the Yggites.

Are these the red, yellow, blue and purple troubadours sent by Ygg to retell the stories of the Scary Scary Bear! I'm still working on the translations from the original Yggite.

"Wake Up Jeff" is clearly some sort of Rathori ritual to wake up from hibernation.

Here comes a Bear, Stomping Stoming, Scary, Scary Bear, Stomping everywhere! - obviously Harrek the White Bear

Sog City! Yummy Yummy! (Fruit salad) some advice on how to plunder a city.

Toot Toot Chuga Chuga, Big Red Moon.

(Walk!)

War, underneath the Moon
War, send them to their doom
War, fighting with a Lune,

War everywhere.
Sail, to Magastas Pool
Sail, King in Laskal Rule!
Sail, plunder precious Jewels,

Sail everywhere...

Captain Feathersword represents the Wolf Pirates, or perhaps Dormal who loves to dance.

Wags the Dog I have translated as a reference to Magasta (Mags) the God. "Wave to Wags" are clearly literally waves from the sea.

I think Dorothy the Dinosaur is Gunda the Guilty (G-U-I-L-T and Y) although I do not have a translation for the phrase Rompompachomp and would like to find some reason for the obvious dragonewt imagery.

The Three Step Isles are refered to in the Numbers Rumba. I suspect Hot Potato is something to do with the Holy Country, or the Pharoah or both.

More research will probably be needed.

Keith