Re: Get ready to Yggle!

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_8c-xSv9YXlX_y40quExY1B9fH_nVD8wNXpLuNHYEAdOAmtzm1Ts7xvcEJQpI>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:35:47 +0000 (GMT)

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_L0BY_uQ3x3hjopON_jdhfhBEkifgy_OAI51oOZr3YjkCZZpWpcE8gA3JImHKKcZTPX5pGXuGkoUH2ahBs-8r.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Get ready to Yggle!
To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 27 January, 2011, 22:55

I've been watching a lot of the Wiggles recently, on DVD. Some of you may not be familiar with their work, but they are popular childrens entertainers.

It suddenly struck me that they are trying to relate Harreks Saga in the form of songs for children. Even their name, The Wiggles, seems to derive from the islands of Harreks most loyal followers - the Yggites.

Brilliant!

[snip]

I think Dorothy the Dinosaur is Gunda the Guilty (G-U-I-L-T and Y) although I do not have a translation for the phrase Rompompachomp and would like to find some reason for the obvious dragonewt imagery.

Something to do with the enigmatic campaign outline in Elder Secrets of Glorantha, where a large bad of Dragonewts commandeer the hapless player characters to join them in an epic journey from Dragon Pass to Sog City? Alternatively could it be something to do with the return of Shaka'Harzeel near the end of Argrath's Saga?

[snip]

Keith

Richard Hayes

Yahoo! Groups Links