Re: Brithini abstinence

From: Jeff <richaje_at_O1589gFeenr2DcZy1kcFVw_W5R4gVuYa5HAijV-AVMIv8P2uu9CL9kaZ-dnFwRNcSbiN>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:53:52 -0000

Oh, aha. Geez, with a two year old attacking the keyboard while I type, I amazed I don't have more typos.

However, it is a good insight into the Vadeli. They achieve immortality by violating every law and precept that might bring one closer to the One. Although the unbeing and timeless One was Good, the Intellect (which made the intelligible world) was corrupting and evil (a belief which is shared by the Irensavalists of Loskalm). The difference is that Vadel rejected actions that might bring one closer to the Intellect (Kiona to the Brithini), but instead reveled in the corruption of the One into the Many.

By fully embracing that degeneracy and the perversion of the Intellect, the Vadeli achieve the same immortality as the Brithini (who do precisely the opposite). Both overcome their humanity but with opposite methods.

Jeff