Re: The Paps

From: Jeff <richaje_at__T-GsBSlkTn9IjiNQN5Ko_7gZDgNMoi88vQN-XAF1nfoWcyH0-rJGrc5M80IHsZZr68B>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 12:53:50 -0000

> For my part I am happy for the scary women with big axes standing guard over the Paps to be called the Axe Sisters. I am less clear whether the 'Axe Sisters' should/could be a local name for a Babeester Gor cult, with a greater emphasis on guarding holy places than seeking blood vengeance and cutting bits off, or whether it should be a totally different local Earth cult which performs a social function (guarding Earth temples) that Babeester Gor cultists might perform in other regions.

Chris will give you the Praxian take on things. Here's the Theyalan perspective: the Paps is an ancient Earth Temple dating back from when this was all Genert's Garden. If you go deep enough in the temple, you can find Ernalda. She wears a barbarian mask, but any initiate recognizes that she is Ernalda. She hides here, guarded by Babeester Gor (who also wears a barbarian mask). The Axe Daughter is easier to recognize for even the barbarians use her true secret name. What they call her in their own savage language is of no interest; what matters is that as always the Avenging Daughter guards her sleeping Mother.

>  However if the Paps is all about Eiritha and there is no Ernalda connection, it makes sense for the Axe Sisters to have nothing to do with Babeester Gor. Assuming that Babeester Gor still provides temple guards to Earth temples in other regions-- if her cult doesn't, who does?

Of course Ernalda is present in the Paps. The barbarians call her a funny name and know few of her secrets, but as I said, any initiate will recognize her there.

Jeff