Re: Creating and playing a Lucky character

From: David Dunham <david_at_JlBPhNWIE_9GkaJLftKxbVJu1VBwMfM4GGAfi1hja0tMLXrzvTwoEz7XDt6xUqSnOGWX7Z>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:24:39 -0700

On 4 Aug 2011, at 13:33, hcarteau_at_YPq5hp6L-5hTc8NUosM1t19xbokJ2LxBPey_uEfiMm-cfH4-dMFkUvvGYvW54GehMX0_iKUApA.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> That would make him the holder of the Luck rune. But I know nothing about any Luck cult, or possible uses of the Luck Rune.

Why so? He may simply have an ability, Lucky. (I don't like it as a rune affinity because it's hard to use it as a flaw. At least Matthew had more ideas than I did, but they don't work for me.)

On a purely mechanical basis, Luck is pretty broad. Pretty much anything else is going to have a specific ability bonus against it.

And: it's only as good as its rating. Even if the player wants to start at 7W (essentially being good only at being lucky), eventually he'll lose a contest. Then his luck will have run out (lingering penalty on Luck).

David Dunham